Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does Bogobrush choose Give Partners?
Our Give Partners are very important to us and we work hard to build a good community for Bogobrush. To choose a Give Partner, we do three general steps:
- First, we look for communities with strong Bogobrush support - retail or sales connections, Bogobrush operations, or local Bogobrushers.
- Then, within those communities, we look to local health organizations, state dental associations, and local Bogobrushers for references to low or no cost dental clinics.
- The last step is for someone on our team to contact the clinic to learn about its quality of care, values toward community and the environment, and excitement about being in the Bogobrush community.
If you know of a good community or organization, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. How do I recycle my recycled plastic Bogobrush?
The recyclable Bogobrush handles are made from recycled plastic number 5, and they can be placed in your plastic recycle bin just like any other plastic. The bristles are not made from recyclable materials, so to help the recycling process be more efficient, you can simply pull them out of your brush with a small plyers.
3. How do I compost my bio-composite Bogobrush?
Curbside or backyard The compostable Bogobrush handles are made from a bio-composite material with flax particles. This means you can toss the handle into your backyard compost pile, or into your curbside compost bin, just as with any other organic matter. The bristles are not compostable, and we recommend you pull them out by simply using a small plyers. However, the bristles are very small and if they end up in the compost stream, they will break down into little pieces with time - it’s not perfect, but it is better than a big hunk of plastic!
How long will it take to break down, (i.e. degrade)? It depends. Maybe a few months, maybe a few years. With any compostable material, the time of degradation depends on the health of the compost pile - humidity, temperature, and bio-diversity, (bugs, microbes, plants, etc. - as well as the size and surface area of the product).
What will it degrade into? Bogobrush bio-composite handles will degrade into carbon dioxide, water, and humus, (a soil nutrient).
4. What kind of bristles are in a Bogobrush? Are they soft?
Bogobrushes use the highest quality Tynex Nylon bristles from Dupont. They are a “soft” bristle, and are polished with ceramic by our bristling manufacturer for an extra smooth feel.
5. I am a dentist, how do I carry Bogobrush for my patients?
6. I am a retailer, how do I carry Bogobrush in my store?
7. Is there a return policy for Bogobrush products?
Yes. If you purchase a product from bogobrush.com, you can return it for any reason within 14 days of delivery. If your product breaks within the ordinary course of its use, you can return or exchange it within 90 days of delivery.